SWIM-RUN-VA is an event powered by a non-profit in Richmond, Virginia named SwimRVA. SwimRVA has a goal to teach every person how to swim by creating access to pools and programming. Barriers to aquatics include a person’s income, race, age and disability. 52% of the population in the USA does not know how to swim. In the minority community this number jumps to 70%. Your participation in SwimRun Virgina, helps us provide aquatic opportunity to thousands each year that would not have had the opportunity otherwise. For more information on SwimRVA, please visit www.swimrichmond.org.
There will be 80 team slots offered for 2018 SwimRun Virginia. Slots will be available on a first come first served basis and be available until they are gone. A minimum of 10 team slots will be reserved for women’s teams. A minimum of 10 team slots will be reserved for mixed teams.
Full payment for the race is due at time of registration. Due to the unpredictability of the James River, there is a chance the race will need to be cancelled due to high water levels. This decision is at the sole discretion of the Race Director and will be made with the safety of participants in mind. Race fees are non-refundable due to the up-front costs associated with putting the race together.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR SWIMRUN VIRGINIA:
- Cost of registration is tiered. Registration fees per team and full race fee is due at time of registration.
****ONE DAY ONLY - SPOOKY SPECIAL 10/31/2017 - 10/31/2017 $225 per person / $450 per team
11/1/2017 - 12/31/2017 $250 per person / $500 per team
1/1/2018 - 3/31/2018 $275 per person or $550 per team
4/1/2018 - 6/30/2018 $300 per person or $600 per team
7/1/2018 - 9/30/2018 $325 per person or $650 per team
Each participant must be a registered member of USA Triathlon OR must buy a one day membership to USA Triathlon for the day of the race. USA-T membership will be verified in the race registration process. One day membership to USA-T will be an additional $15 per participant and will be vended during the registration process.
- Each participant is required to electronically sign the USA Triathlon waiver as well as the SWIM-RUN-VA waiver during the registration process.
Each swimmer must submit one of the following to qualify for entry. Proof must be sent to the race registration email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim results with event date and location for completion of a 1500m swim or longer in open water at a pace of 40 minutes per mile or faster within the past two years
A letter of verification of the following, submitted on the Pool Management stationery which includes the telephone number, date of the swim and the witnessing lifeguard's signature attesting to the time it took to complete the swim. Completion of a continuous 4800m (5200 yds) pool swim in two hours or better.
Documentation verifying the completion of a 1500m swim or longer in an open water triathlon in the past two years. Be sure to include the event’s Title, Date, and Location. Please do not send an email with the web address of another event as your qualification documentation. Send your results page only, preferably scanned, and emailed as an attachment
- After registration you will receive a welcome letter with important information about making reservations at the official host hotel of SwimRun Virginia. You will also receive information about the city for planning your pre-race and post-race activities.
- Once registration is closed, SWIM-RUN-VA will start a waiting list. There will be no charge to be on the waiting list. You will be notified if your team is awarded a spot to the race due to a team dropping out of the race or additional race slots provided. Each season we have a handful of teams that drop out due to injury.
The price of your team registration includes:
- Pre-race dinner and race brief at the official SWIM-RUN-VA Finish line on Friday evening.
- Bus transportation from the official SWIM-RUN-VA Race Hotel AND the Finish Line to the start line on Saturday.
- Food and aid stations along the course
- Participant shirt
- Timing and results service
- Post-race recovery meal at Race finish line celebration with complimentary beer from Stone Brewery
- Participant number race jersey
- Participant swim cap
- Super Awesome participant gift
- Waterproof race map
- SWIM-RUN-VA unique finisher gift
- Prizes for the top 3 finishers in each class
- Unforgettable experience along the fall line of the James River and one of the most unique Swimrun events in the world.